Day 21
Another manic Monday? No.
Felt like a Sunday...
Sunny weather, free time,
VACATION!
Made the six-hour trip home from Door County,
the feeling of "home" welcomed me.
Priorities. More laundry?
...The dusting I didn't get to?
What about those piles of papers, clothes to fold?
The empty apartment was too quiet.
Being productive lost its charm.
An invitation for sand volleyball drew me.
Summer evening weather,
barefeet in the sand,
friends and laughter.
The decision was simple.
Lesson: choose life
Day 22
Back to work after three days off.
Amazing how a shorter week can feel like forever.
New curriculum to develop for school,
felt like I was racing against the clock.
Tuesdays: set aside for my girl friends--
unwinding, eating out, and uplifting one another.
The crunch for time grew heavy.
Cancel? Almost.
Then this quest came to mind.
How could I?
The soup and salad hit the spot.
Encouraging convo left me with hope.
Lesson: don't cancel out on the small stuff--it makes the BIG difference
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Speaking of the small stuff. Guess what today is? Its my oil painting class. I'm excited! Even though I know it'll just be introductory stuff. And its going to probably cost me in supplies. But its worth it!
ReplyDeletePraying that you find your swing class.
Go you! I'm excited to hear how your first night goes, and I'm definitely jealous that you already found your class! Enjoy it--you deserve it! :)
ReplyDelete