"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 41 & 42 Love Happens & Candle Light

Day 41

Do you ever feel guilty about being inside when it's gorgeous out?
Today was beatiful and sunny--
the first consistently sunny day in a while.
I was supposed be going to see "Love Happens" with a friend.
But then the sun came out and a twinge of guilt crept in:
"Really? You're going to go sit in a movie theater when it's finally beautiful out? You can't do that. You have to enjoy the weather."

I ignored the pressure to appreciate the weather.
The movie was excellent!
You know that feeling that you get,
walking away from a movie that hit you at just the right time?
That's how I felt driving home that night.
I left so inspired, in a lot of ways.
The movie was about helping and loving other people right where they're at,
making a difference in their lives.
The side story was a love story.
The two main characters met later in life
and I noticed a maturity in their relationship.
It showed me some positives about meeting someone "later in life."

I've been doing a lot of soul searching through this adventure,
trying to find out what I really want in life...
And what the Lord specifically created me to do.

In the movie, the girl owned her own flower shop;
Her artistic creations & passion for career were inspiring.
I definitely don't have much of a passion for my job...

Lesson: sunny weather doesn't have to be the deciding factor

Day 42

With each claim,
I've been trying to form habits.
Good habits, of course.
Habits full of meaning and life.
Habits that slow me down.

I've been continuing with reading in bed at night,
though I must admit I haven't done this every night.
On this day I thought I'd add to it.
I've heard that vanilla is supposed to be the most relaxing scent.
I lit a vanilla tea candle,
crawled into bed,
and started what I think will be a great read:
"Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy.
Have you ever read it?

Lesson: books and candles go together.

1 comment:

  1. Vanilla and Jasmine are my all time favorite scents. Sounds very relaxing.

    I now really want to see that movie, "Love Happens". I might end up waiting for it to come out on dvd, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails