"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 65 Who Cares?

Remember when you were a kid,
and your parents would do something totally embarrassing?
Like, tell a story you'd rather have kept "in the family."
Or, wear something absolutely against fashion?
Funny, isn't it,
how growing up frees us to do the same?
"Who cares?" becomes more of the logic.
I've found myself wearing striped socks with tennis shoes to work.
Or, a purse that totally doesn't go with my coat,
just because I'm too lazy to relocate its contents to a new one.
I don't do this, though,
when there's a particular male around that I'm crushing on.
You know how it is!

Claim today?
"Who cares?"
to ring true when going to the young adult Bible study.
It was fabulously freeing.
I went in totaly grubs--
workout paints,
big sweatshirt,
hair in a messy bun,
tennis shoes,
glasses...
It was great.

Lesson: just be me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails