"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 51 Hurting

What does a hurting heart need?
The Lord.
Space.
Quiet reflection.
Time in the Word.

I stayed home from Bible study tonight,
seeking refuge and healing.
The Lord met me there.
And, wonderfully,
he worked it out.
Others couldn't go either,
so the study was cancelled for the night.

I ate a healthy supper,
put up so new paintings in my kitchen,
(I used a level for the first time!)
watched part of "The Holiday,"
and spent time with the Lord.

Lesson: blanket the heart.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah - I'm glad it worked out too. Me and my bedroom have been a little too close this week (while being sick). I'm so glad to be up and about again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for you! Being sick is never fun. Hopefully the sun will come out to greet your new health and energy. :) We need it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails