"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 52 Just Come

Pain is just pain.
It is not the end of the world.
It will not last forever.
I tried to escape it tonight.
How foolish am I!
My errands did not fix it.

I was reminded I could not ignore it.
I tried to find the strength to face it.
Went home,
turned on Moody radio,
and took a wonderful bubble bath.
I soaked in the bubbly hot water,
my heart soaking in the words of the sermon.
Then, was encouraged through a friend's phone call.
It directed me to the Word.
Found strength in 1 Peter...

...Suffering.

And then the Lord pulls us through.

Lesson: when it's hardest to come to Him, come.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! We need him most when we're hurting. And I think physical suffering is sometimes easier than the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it hardest to come to Him at the times we need Him most???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails