"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 69 & 70 Girl Friends

Day 69
This time, I decided to call her.
I've been hurt for a while.
My best friend--
she got married in June--
and things just aren't the same.
I knew they wouldn't be.
They shouldn't be.

But then it happend.
The "final blow" you could call it.
I called her a few weeks ago,
totally heartbroken and discouraged.
Crying on the phone...
Instead of comfort I found stirness.
And then a week went by.
No phone call.
Surely my best friend would call to see how I'm doing!
Then... a text. I called her back.
No answer.
A week went by....
I called again... no answer....
More time went by...
I was hurt.
I needed my friend!
Today I decided to talk to her about it.
"It" as in our friendship,
being hurt often in the past year over being forgotten...
Confrontation is not easy, is it?
I got the guts to call and be totally honest.
No answer.
I guess this claim will have to be fulfilled another day.

Lesson: a word in due season how good it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails