I took a whole day for me.
For me to do whatever I wanted,
whenever I wanted.
This sounds so selfish, doesn't it?
I'm not saying I want to be self-centered,
unflexible,
or uncaring of others' needs.
I just needed to refresh,
to have a day removed,
set apart,
from the stresses of life,
work, busy schedules,
and time.
It was one of those days that come along rarely:
everything worked out "perfectly."
Slept in.
Happily got three loads of laundry done.
Got parking spots right up front,
was specially granted 50% off a flawless, gorgeous modern rug
(5' by 8'--what a deal!),
entered Hobby Lobby where I found almost the entire store,
can you believe it,
50% off??!! (we shoppers know usually it's just one dept at a time)
Side note: I'm starting to sound materialistic, but hear me out.
I moved a few months ago and am trying to decorate.
Didn't decorate the last place because I couldn't even stand being there.
That, and I had no money.
I've been very careful with budgeting,
am feeling some financial freedom,
and God's been helping me find things on amazing deals!
Back to the story...
Bought two paintings for my kitchen,
exactly what I'd been looking for,
again, 50% off!
Restocked on groceries,
including all the yummy ingredients to make muffins from scratch,
heard an encouraging short talk on Moody radio about teachers,
laughed to a few "Friends" episodes,
developed pictures to put around the apartment,
and snuggled into bed early enough to get a good night's sleep.
Lesson: when you need to get refreshed, do it!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely love your apartment! I've been watching some of those interior design shows on television, and I think yours fits right in with the best. It's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks. It's fun to put a home together. Wait 'til you see my new rug! It really ties the livingroom together. Little by little. :)
ReplyDelete