"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 46 Black Tie

Sometimes, things don't work out as planned.
My best friend in the entire world got married in June.
I worked forever on a scrapbook for her for her wedding gift.
My artistic and perfectionistic side turned the gift into a 4-month project.
Let me tell you, it turned out better than I could have dreamed!
I have to tell myself that the Lord will do that for me in marrigae someday, too.

But this entry is not about marriage.
It's about chocolate.
You see, to celebrate accomplishing such a task,
I told myself I'd go and enjoy my favorite dessert in all the world:
Black Tie Mousse Cake from Olive Garden.

I finished the scrapbook at the end of August,
and have been waiting quite patiently for my chocolate dream to come true!
Finally, the day arrived.

The meal was fabulous,
everything was great.
We talked about our future husbands,
loneliness,
and fighting the discouragement of wondering
"how much longer?"
But finally the moment arrived--
the waiter asked if we wanted dessert.
I quite excitedly ordered us each one of our own,
my mouth watering for the creamy, chocolately taste.
Soon he returned, and I noticed--
he was empty-handed!
He dropped the news:
they were all out.

THEY WERE ALL OUT!!

We went home without the chocolate craving quenched.
The celebration didn't happen after all.

Lesson: life doesn't always serve you chocolates.

2 comments:

  1. Your right - life doesn't always serve you chocolates. So I guess we have to settle for ice cream sometimes! But I do want to try that cake ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails