Day 60
Seems like so long ago!
(One week tomorrow)
I am very behind on filling you in.
Have you ever been so weary that you feel you have nothing to give?
Lately, I've felt so... empty.
Have you ever been there?
Wishing God would just come rescue you from it all?
I am sure you understand.
Well, Day 60...
I had gone to dinner at the Olive Garden.
Mom was visiting my sis and me.
You know how the waiter usually offers a free sample of wine?
I am not a wine person.
I used to waitress at Olive Garden--
we had to sample all of them.
Not my thing.
Tonight, the waitress brought the wine bottle,
said her little intro,
and then asked us "the question":
Anyone want to try some?
Silence.
Then I thought,
"Well, why not?"
As soon as I said I'd like a sample,
so did my mom and sister.
It was actually a little tasty!
Lesson: try something again--you may be surprised
Day 61
Apple orchards.
How fun!
Unfortunately,
today it was way too cold!
People were in hats, scarves...
We (my family and I) were not prepared!
Our adventure lasted about 30 minutes...
None of it consisted of going through the orchard!
My claim?
I really wanted to eat a carmel apple.
And listen to the acoustic guitarist.
The couples in my fam each had another idea in mind.
I felt silly sitting by the stage all alone;
everyone else was with friends & family.
I wandered away,
and then decided to get the confidence to just do it.
If I wanted to enjoy some music,
I should enjoy some music!
Who cares what people think?
The claim was short lived--
after the first song I heard,
he broke a string.
Lesson: there is a calm strength that comes from being okay alone
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment