Day 63
Remember all those childhood joys?
Licking the cookie batter off the beaters,
catching fireflies,
jumping in leaves?
Sometimes I feel my heart is getting too old.
Grown-up and boring.
Sometimes, I just want to be that kid again!
Got home from work--exhausted.
But it was the first "warm" day we've had in a while.
The crispy leaves were calling me.
Walked to the park,
detouring through all the leaf-covered carpets,
listened to the crunching,
smiled as I shuffled through them.
My destination?
The swingset.
Remember that feeling of going so high,
so high you felt like you could fly?
Wondering if you'd swing right over the bar?
Or if you'd jump,
if you'd land too far?
I thought of my future husband,
wished he was there.
Lesson: remember
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
During the summer, I like to walk to our local park and swing on the swings. I usually do it until someone brings their kid over. One time I kept swinging and the little kid gave me the strangest look!
ReplyDelete