"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 103 Dialed Dialogue

Is there ever a phone call to be made that never gets accomplished?
Either you aren't looking forward to the conversation,
or know it will be a long call and never find enough time,
or forget about it until a time when you're in the middle of something else?

I've had one of those calls hanging over my head for a month.
Today I took a deep breath,
picked up my phone,
and quickly dialed before I could change my mind.
The reason for the delay was, well,
I'm a wimp.
It was a business call,
about a product I'm unhappy with,
and I never like confrontation.
You're probably thinking, "Big deal,"
but for me it was, as it was the 2nd call about the same product.
The employer, who is a friend that I didn't want to offend,
was totally friendly and agreeable to exchanging any and everything.
What a relief!

Lesson:  have some guts--it will turn out better than you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails