You know what they say:
you always meet "the one" when you least expect it.
How do you get yourself to not ever expect it?
I tried my best to go into this young adult retreat with no thought,
or even tiny hope,
of meeting someone.
But somehow it naturally comes,
even if we get good at ignoring the nagging thought.
I only knew one person--
a girl from work,
and the opportunity of new friendships was exciting.
I did not meet anyone.
I found myself strongly missing a certain someone.
What is God's plan?
When will it be my turn?
I am sure you feel this way, too.
What is your story?
Where are you at in this journey?
Any advice?
Lesson: keep letting Him fill me, and DON'T act on emotions alone
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's such a problem, isn't it? When we "least expect it". So how do we go about not looking in order to get what we desire. How do we give up everything to gain everything in return? I have a feeling that with the guy I might have interest in right now, the only way to get anywhere may be just to ignore the situation completely. Why does it make my heart feel forsaken?
ReplyDeleteI am hearing you! I think it's totally awesome and amazing how as soon as you thought that he wasn't interested, and kind of let it go (which is sooo difficult to do) that he called you and asked you out again! It's such a difficult process. What do you think is harder--being the guy and having to get up the confidence to initiate, or being the girl and having to gain the patience to wait??
ReplyDelete