"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 80 & 81 A world away from T.V.

Day 80
Exhaustion, again.
How many of our nights feel that way?
How easy to sit in front of the T.V. and waste the night away.
Claim?
No movie.
No staring at the T.V. for hours.
(I watched ONE 20-min show,
I must admit.)
Instead?
I enjoyed a quiet night.

Lesson: time slows down away from the T.V.

Day 81
Tomorrow I am going on a young adult retreat.
Today, Friday,
I decided to take a night in,
alone,
and not be sad or lonely,
or feel like I wasted a precious Friday night.
I packed for the weekend,
organized a little,
and cozied up in bed for a good read.
Have you read "Redeeming Love"
by Francine Rivers?
If not, you must!
You will laugh,
and then cry (A LOT),
and then sing praises to the Lord for His wonderful love and faithfulness.
I had planned to go to sleep early,
to be chipper at 6:30am when I had to get up for the trip,
but Francine Rivers wouldn't allow it.
I got sucked in,
and this is my SECOND time reading it!
Lights went out after 11pm,
but it was oh so worth it!

Lesson: Friday nights alone don't have to be lonely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails