Today?
Meet new people!
I got invited to a Thanksgiving party
(of people I don't really know)--
and went.
The block was full of cars,
both sides of the road,
and the big house was full of chatter and laughter.
It was the young adults' group from my friend's church.
I met a lot of new people,
stuffed myself,
played some pool,
and was joyfully social.
It was fun to get dressed cute,
and enter a new world of people.
You have to try this!
And, get this:
the house we went to is known for its Christmas decorations!
They put a carousel on the roof and everything!
The house wasn't decorated yet,
but he showed us a picture
(it was published in a book)
and told us that they won a trip to the Bahamas because of it!
How cool is that?
Lesson: you never know who you'll meet!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So what happened on day 96?
ReplyDelete(Hey, it worked!)
Hey Melissa! Before I read your comment, I saw that my entry for Day 96 had been saved as a draft only, instead of being posted. So, I clicked "post" and there it is. It was quite a step for me, as I had a "tragic" experience of getting stuck in a car wash on my first try in college (on a Sunday, mind you, when no one was working) and couldn't get out! Lol. How is your break going? Isn't it wonderful?!
ReplyDelete