"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 83 Returning Home

Got 3 hours of sleep in the small cabin.
One of the girls snored like nothing I've ever heard.
Now, my dad's a snorer,
but not like this.
You know how usually there's a rhythm to it?
This was snores, snorts,
whimpering,
groans,
sighs...

I squished my hood around my head,
covered my ears with my comforter,
and still could not block it out.

So, today--free time.
I really just wanted a nap.
A twinge of sadness filled me--
what would I miss out on,
sleeping in the cabin while everyone was hanging out?
I pushed it away,
knowing I needed rest.

Two hours later,
I awoke totally refreshed,
and totally relieved to hear that no one really did anything.
I ended up being one of the only ones energized that night,
totally into the speaker's message,
and awake enough to receive.
Getting back to IL later (9:30pm) that night,
I was so grateful to still have energy for an evening at home.

Lesson: prioritze health and rest--how could you regret it

3 comments:

  1. SLEEP IS A WONDERFUL THING! :) By the way, how have your sleeping patterns been recently? Any better? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going pretty good now. If I only weren't so durned tired during the day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails