"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 95 Chocolate Dreams

Sometimes things don't go as planned.
How often do we say that?
My mom is visiting,
and she, my sis, and I planned a Friday pm movie night.
We decided to go see "The Blind Side"
(starring Sandra Bullock),
and decided to "go for it"--
to spend a few extra dollars to go to the best theater near us.
It comes with:
chattering crowds of people,
the wonderful buttery smell of popcorn,
neon-lit signs,
high-back comfy chairs
(they rock and the arms move out of the way)...
the whole ambie

nce of a fun movie-night out!
Finally, at the front of the ticket line.
Then I saw it:"Sold out."
We couldn't find a showing somewhere else that wasn't too late.
While sitting in my car, calling,
a van pulled up by me--
accidentally hit my car when they opened their door.
Great. Another thing going wrong.

Finally, onto Plan B:
Black Tie Mousse Cake!
My beloved dessert that I *still* have not had...
Remember, they were all out last time I went?
I couldn't wait!
The waitress came back from the kitchen...
with bad news.
No more Black Tie Mousse Cake.
It was frozen and needed 24 hours.
My chocolate dream unfulfilled yet again.
So I bought one to go.
Things definitely didn't go as planned,
and it was a challenge to stay in a good mood.
It ended up being a great night with great conversation.

Lesson: go with the flow, and be nice about it!






2 comments:

  1. Things always seem to go wrong at the same time, don't they? But its good the day turned out well anyways :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails