"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 76 Honesty?

Remember the phone call to my best friend?
The one who got married in June?
My claim was confrontation.
Not in a bad way,
but to just be completely honest about our relationship.
Today was the day--
we had "the talk."

Jesus is so kind!
It went so well;
He kept my mouth silent some things,
and brought up my hurts in a gentle way.
What's that old old quote?
"Honesty is the best policy."

Oh, and since that was an old claim,
one that surfaced today,
I also had another today:
Complete an unfinished project.
Remember my claim to paint my whole bathroom?
Well, there was one tiny spot left to do,
a board where I had to install the toilet roll holder first.
Today I finished painting it.
The bathroom is beautiful,
I must say!

Lesson: honesty really does pay off--be bold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails