How terrible I am doing at blogging more consistently!
Please forgive me,
dear reader.
If there are any readers?
I truly am claiming,
every day.
Please know that!
I need to find time to tell you about it more often.
Daily, really.
That would be a wonderful feat.
I will do better.
Plus, I want to hear about you!
Are you claiming?
Are you finding ways to live?
TRULY live?
Live for Christ?
Surrender all?
Find contentment in Him?
Enjoy this time of singleness?
See it's joys and freedom?
I am trying!
I need your encouragement!
Today's claim?
Well, grades were due the next day for progress reports.
I had HOURS to do!
Literally.
Hours.
One teacher said she'd been up until 1:00am.
She still wasn't done!
Then and there I refused to let that happen to me.
No way.
Been there, done that,
too many times!
No more will work ruin my life.
So, I claimed to stay at work and get it all done there.
No taking it home.
No cancelling out on Bible study to grade papers.
Jesus pulled me through!
I miraculously got everything I needed graded,
recorded,
plugged into the computer,
AND (get this),
had written on the report cards.
Yes, my school still does this by hand!
Praise Jesus I got it done--was out the door by 5pm.
Bible study got cancelled.
I was totally bummed until I remembered Nicole.
I'd gone to the retreat with her.
She led a Bible study near my apt. on the same night!
I went.
It was great meeting others my age who love the Lord.
I was so glad I claimed!
Lesson: work is work. leave it there.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My claim is to take advantage of this online writing course I've paid for. I'm already a lesson behind.
ReplyDeleteGood claim! Online courses can be tough to stay up on. Are you learning anything worthy of remembering?
ReplyDelete