"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 84 Mechanics

Day 84
Mechanics.
It's hard to know who to trust.
You know how it is!
Especially as a young female.

Had some confrontation today.
I'd been putting it off, but today was the day.
I'd brought my car into someone who specializes in transmissions.
He discovered that my roters were NOT resurfaced
(which I had paid two weeks ago to have my mechanic do).
Hence, the problem I was still having with my brakes.

Took it in.
Politely confronted them.
It definitely took guts for me,
but it went well!
I had them show me the work they'd done,
explain it, etc.
I learned a lot!
And the roters were done--
the new way, where they stay on the car.
(The old way to do it is to take them off and put them on a machine)
They filled my tires,
were tinkering around a while...

I had them do a test drive with me
(my request).
No problems.

Now, I'm not sure if they did something extra without telling me,
but my car drives different now.
A LOT better.
The front feels "tight" as the mechanic put it.
No shaking or anything.

Kinda makes me wonder if they fixed something without telling me?
That they realized they overlooked something?
How do you know who you can trust these days???

Lesson: watch out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails