Day 101
The Lord is good, isn't He?
He really helps me to enjoy even the little things.
I was reading my Woman's Day magazine
(a great read about organizing, decorating,
health, finances, baking, etc.)
and happend upon a list of simple ways to enjoy life.
I remembered it today when I was lazing around,
feeling totally void of energy
(after sleeping in wayyy too late!).
Something little.
Something to change the pace of my day.
So I asked my sister-in-law if she wanted to go on a short walk.
I needed to get my blood flowing and wake up.
What a difference!
I returned home awake, energized,
and touched by our heart-to-heart conversation.
Lesson: even claiming just 15 minutes can turn your day around!
Day 102
Do unto others.
Every year,
before going home for the holidays,
I remind myself of all that my parents have done for me,
and that I should give back when I'm home on vacation.
But when the time comes,
I get into vacation mode and just want to relax.
This time, I finally set aside time to help my mom organize.
Organizing is one of my strengths and joys,
and my mom has a whole house attic, church,
and daycare to organize
(my parents are pastors).
The daycare has been closed for some time now,
so dust added its own touch to the chaos.
There's still much to do,
but it felt great to make such a difference.
Lesson: give of yourself
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment