"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 89 Strawberry Secrets

Day 89

A 100 Year Anniversary drew me to Zion, IL.
A church & ministry training center--
The Zion Faith Homes--
100 years.
I grew up going to this peaceful place.
This weekend was one of reunions and reminiscing.
To see friends, pastors, and missionaries I haven't seen in years!
(15 years have passed since seeing some)
What an event!

Claim?
I was laying in bed,
had already claimed something small that day,
but then I was tossing and turning....
and tossing....
and on and on...
problem?
My stomach was growling!
Late night snack?
As a guest in this house?
At 11:30 at night?
I was cozy.
Comfy.
Just getting warm.
But I was HUNGRY.

"Just go find something!"
But I'm too lazy.
"But you're hungry!"
The voice of my stomach one out.
And my mom went too!
(she and my dad were in the bed across the rooom)

We shared stories
and snacked on toast with homemade strawberry jam.
And not just one piece,
but two!
Why not?
We were already up.

Lesson: more than food can come of late-night snacks with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails