"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 104 Finally!

We're all busy,
we all know how it feels to have something hanging over our heads.
Isn't it funny how sometimes it's the simplest things?
Something that may just take 5 or 10 minutes to do?
But we're too busy to remove that little annoyance.
Like the dust layer on top of the entertainment center.
Or that last box to unpack.
Or the cleenex box to refill.

Today I decided to tackle some of those "small annoyances."
1) The birdfeeder that got rained out.
2) That pile of sandals that needed to be boxed up for the winter
3) Those summer clothes, wasting closet space, to go in storage

How nice it is to look out my kitchen window,
the tree free of the useless birdfeeder!
And to look in my closet and actually have ROOM for my shoes!
And to not have a pile of shorts cluttering up the shelf space I need.

Lesson: sometimes it's about accomplishing the small things

1 comment:

  1. Those 'little' accomplishments can be quite big and are often what I do when I feel I need to regain control of my life (or that I don't have it in a certain area...this is a way I can control something!). And yes, it is a WONDERFUL feeling to look and see it accomplished and no longer 'there.' Kudos to this claim! - Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails