Day 73
Who has energy to cook?
You singles know how it is.
45 minutes to cook,
15 minutes to eat the food, ALONE,
45 minutes to clean up.
Just not worth it.
Well, tonight I put forth the effort.
Why?
My body/health.
We're not getting any younger!
(Some of you may say 28 is NOT old,
but I promise you--
I'm seeing wrinkles under my eyes!
This is definitely not cool.)
I hope I don't wither away before meeting my husband!
I enjoyed a very healthy meal of:
baked chicken,
rise,
and lots of veggies.
We owe it to ourselves!
Lesson: cook once in a while--you'll even FEEL healthier!
Day 74
Halloween weekend.
Every year,
my friends and I have a costume party.
It's always the Friday night of Halloween weekend.
As time has passed,
all of my friends have become couples,
most married.
It has become the
"Dress up as Couples" party.
And then there's me.
I was sad on the way there.
I was sad there.
The couples all wanted pics with their significant other.
Who wanted a picture with me??
And they had so many stories to share...
marriage stories...
buying houses...
being pregnant...
furture plans together...
and then there was me.
I had nothin'.
Claim? CHOOSE happiness.
And I did.
Mindset:
"Friday night only comes once a week.
I am going to ENJOY it."
And I did.
Lesson: Happiness is a battle of the mind.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are not alone sista!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nikki. It's tough, though, isn't it?
ReplyDelete