So, company was coming.
And I still had mucho cleaning to do!
Maybe this has happend to you?
It's the day of....
and there's more to do than you realized?
Silly me--
I left only TWO projects for the day of,
but they happend to be the LONGEST ones:
1) Scrub down the shower
2) Conquer my huge pile of dishes
(I have no dish washer!)
Friday night--home from work.
Time to step it up!
...Do you ever have those lonely days?
That night was one of them for me.
I just didn't want to feel alone.
And music wasn't enough.
So I turned on "Friends"
(some of you know I have no TV channels,
but own all 10 years of my favorite TV show...).
A twinge of guilt--
"Really? TV in the background?
That's not very spiritual is it?
Not a way of seizing the moment,
being independent..."
I stopped the voice.
Hey, why not?
If I want to listen to the TV while I clean,
why not??
At least I was cleaning, right?
I claimed it.
I would like to say I felt guilt-free the whole time.
But it was nice to just have the sound of laughter around me.
And all the cleaning got done,
just in time (literally)!
Lesson: don't be so hard on yourself.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exactly. Don't be so hard on yourself. Stories can really help us get through life (as long as there clean enough). I think in a way we live on stories. The stories of our lives and others. Don't feel bad about listening to the TV while cleaning. I'm always impressed with your organizing skills!
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks! I do tend to be too hard on myself at times. It was nice to have some "company" while getting my work done. Usually, I listen to music or a sermon on the radio, but I just wanted something light.
ReplyDelete