outside of myself,
my needs, my wants...
Today I decided to send a close friend an e-card.
It's not her birthday.
And it wasn't for the holiday.
I picked my best friend that I've told you all about.
(For her privacy, let's leave her name out.)
You, dear reader, may recall those entries...
about our friendship drifting apart.See, I've lost her to a new best friend--
her new groom,
the man of her dreams!
I'm so happy for her, but it still makes things hard;
I'm no longer the one she shares everything with.
If you're single, I'm sure you've been there.
Have you? Do you know how that feels?
Watching friend after friend drift as they draw close to "the one"?
If you do, you understand how bittersweet it all is!
So much joy for the other,
yet sadness for yourself.
For me, not necessarily the thought of "when?"
but more the mourning of letting the friendship
(in the way I knew it), go.
I've decided to make more efforts to keep her.
I smiled as I clicked "send" and away it went.
And then the next day when I saw her name on "missed calls."
We chatted away like old times--
I do love her, and miss her,
and need her still.
It's worth every effort!
We'll stay close, we will!

No comments:
Post a Comment