"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 129, 130, & 131 Vacation--in a Nutshell


I am back, dear reader,
from my escape into the wintery isolation of "home."
If you read my last entry,
you understand why I haven't typed in these past few days.
I was still claiming each day.
Here's the past 3 days in a nutshell:

Day 128
Christmas! Just Mom, Dad, and me
(my siblings all had inlaws' parties)
So, I convinced them to go Christmas caroling at the nursing home.
Our practice session brought much laughter--
goofyness and moments I'll never forget.
We talked with some of the residents and carolled through the halls.
It was a wonderful feeling to do something for someone else on this special day of the year.

Lesson: strive to make the holiday special for someone else

Day 129
Our family "Christmas."
All the siblings were home!
Claim?  Get in the right perspective right away.
(I started getting sad hearing about all the parties they went to and gifts they received;  silly, I know--it doesn't even matter.
But, I could feel a pity party coming on.)
So, I pulled out my Bible and read Isaiah Chapters 51 and 52.
It was about the Lord comforting us and bringing us strength.
As I read, the tune of an old song we used to sing came into my mind:
"For the redeemed of the Lord shall return,
and come with singing unto Zion,
an everlasting joy shall be upon their heads." (Isaiah 51:11).
Those words rang in my heart as I ate breakfast.  It was a joyous day!

Lesson: The Bible brings LIFE

Day 130
It's a Wonderful Life.
Have you seen it?
Surely you have!
If not, please do. 
My dad loves this movie,
and when we were little he'd have our family watch it.
Christmas comes and I tell myself I should watch it.
I never do.  But, no putting it off this year!
As we watched it together,
I was reminded of how rewarding relationships are.

Lesson: Jesus sees the good we do

2 comments:

  1. Hello friend,

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    I know you for Blog Catalog where you told me that you have followed my blog on Google :
    multibrand.blogspot.com.

    I want to follow your blog but can't find the Google Friends Connect widget, please guide me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails