It’s amazing how this journey is helping me. It’s pushing my heart forward, towards newness of life.
It’s helping me stop and think about other people.
It’s showing me how tired I was of being tired,
and how happy and free I feel when my mind isn’t stuck in my little world.
Today was day two of connecting with old friends.
It just so happened that the church was having a potluck;
The whole day was spent catching up—
having personal talks that far passed small talk.
The highlight for me was visiting my MaryKay consultant.
(Don’t stop reading! It’s not because of the makeup I bought.)
I had planned to just pop in and pick up my purchases,
but as I started to ask her about her kids, the conversation turned.
She started to share her heart for them to find the Lord,
and some of the struggles they are going through.
As she talked about praying for her daughter who is away at college,
I thought of my own mom and all the prayers she prays for me.
I could tell that this mom was getting weary,
so I began to share with her about my mom and how much her prayers meant to me.
I shared of specific times when I could literally feel my mom’s prayers.
Her eyes welled up with tears as she thanked me for the encouragement.
I left knowing that God ordained that makeup meeting for His purposes.
Lesson: take every opportunity to share of His goodness
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment