"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 115 & Day 116 Baby Bash

Day 114
My sister and I headed home to WI for the weekend;
we (mom, my sis, and I) were throwing a big EVENT:
a baby shower for my sister-in-law!
First grandchild on either side.
Will be a spoiled little one.

Have you ever had a day...
where everything goes wrong?
Not just one thing.
Everything??
Today was that day.
Slept through my alarm.
No time to shower.
A 3-hour car ride turned into 4 hours,
then almost got hit when the car behind us fishtailed,
a massive headache,
an afternoon of decorating went well past midnight
We were frustrated.
Exhausted.
And truly being tested!
Claim? To not stress out.
I had to keep telling my sister, "It will all get done."
Of course I was also reminding myself!

Lesson: a good mood can be a choice

Day 115
The big day!
Simple claim:
Do everything I can to help my sister not stress out
(I woke up at 7:10am to her stressed command that I needed to get up and start helping)
Somehow, having her well-being in mind helped me.
I found myself trying to serve and help her,
and it didn't leave time for me to think about me.

Lesson: make life easier for someone else



2 comments:

  1. Sounds sweet, though. I hope it went well. She is so adorably pregnant!

    Another 'claim' for you that has really helped me is who's to do list am I doing? Mine, or God's. Because if it's God's, then what truly needs to get done will get done! This has helped me many times when stressing out...I pause and think, "Why am I doing this?" and that puts it in perspective. - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I need to remember that. I remember back in college, how whenever I put Him first He really did do something amazing with time. Somehow, my studying and homework got done faster--I memorized things more quickly, thoughts for papers came together so much easier.... I don't know what "life" can seem so important when "Life" is what's REALLy important! Thanks for the reminder Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails