I am so excited!!
This morning I decided to not just sit and wait but to do something:
I emailed a few specific pastors at my church about my strong desire to serve.
My passion is to one day serve full-time through worship, speaking, and song writing.
I did this for a long time before moving to IL,
and often ask God “Why?” about where He has called me to at this time.
Do you ever feel Him pressing on your heart?
Leading you, or at least preparing your heart for change?
Stirring up the winds of change?
That’s how I have felt about serving for at least the last 6 months.
I submitted a form a few weeks ago,
but today I decided to take another step.
I sent a follow-up email today (with my resume) to a
to the head pastor, worship pastors, and a few others,
explaining my desire to serve and my areas of interest.
An hour later I got a phone call:
it was the main worship leader!
He left a message thanking me,
and saying he wants to meet with me.
He expressed that they have a lot of need in areas that I have “expertise” in!
I hope that this is finally an open door to start serving through music again!
Lesson: take a step of faith—who knows what God will do??!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment