As a teacher, I'm still on vacation,
(Sorry to everyone who is already back at work!)
and when I'm on break,
I switch back and forth between "seizing the moment"
and just wanting to laze around and do absolultey NOTHING.
My friends and I made plans to go bowling tonight:
8:00pm, Brunswick Zone.But then two people backed out (valid reasons),
and it was snowing...and my sister and I started getting tired...
and the thought of staying in, warm and cozy,
sounded better than a 25-minute drive to a packed bowling alley.
But then I remembered this journey.
At first, we were all uninspired and low-energy,
and the 45-minute wait for a lane didn't help!
But then we got some food and pop (Caffeine!!) and the games began.(I realized I had a coupon for 6 people, $24.99=2 hrs of bowling, shoes, and a pitcher of pop!)
and talking about the Lord the whole time.It was fun, encouraging, AND,
I got my 2nd highest bowling score EVER... 151!
Not great, but hey, I never claimed to be professional bowler
One friend commented during the night that I had so much energy,
and I realized she was right.
All it took was a choice to be with people and have a good time.
Needless to say, my caffeine intake kept me up way past bowling.
My light went out a little past 2:30a.m.
Lesson: just go--you WILL have fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment