"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 123 Fizzled Friendships Part 1

People.
That’s really what life’s about.
Loving God and loving people.
So why are they the two things that I neglect when I’m busy?
What am I getting so busy with that I don’t find time for what’s really important?
How is it that I haven’t seen some friends for so long?
My claim for today,
for the whole weekend actually,
was to catch up with friends from my Whitewater days.
(I lived in Whitewater 8 years before moving here 2 ½ years ago).

The Lord was over the whole weekend.
Conversation after conversation drew me to Him
and connected me to old friends again.
Everything worked out—the timing to see different people,
the freedom in their schedule this particular day, etc.
My visits led me from lunch at China House,
to the home of a dear family in the church,
to a coffee shop downtown,
to a small apartment of a girl from the old youth group,
to the bowling alley,
to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Karina’s,
to the apartment of a boy who’s fallen away,
to a long conversation in my car,
to the warm kitchen of a friend who I was staying overnight with.
The night ended with baking Christmas cookies and watching a Christmas movie.

Lesson: don’t let friendships go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails