"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 122 Stake the Steak!

Do you have any holiday traditions?
Something you look forward to every year?
Today was one of my favorites:
the annual formal Christmas party that my sister and I started a few years ago.
The festivities include our siblings (and their spouses),
and close friends from WI...
and we always go all out to dress up and enjoy fine dining and friends.
This year?
Paisano's in Richmond, IL,
(an adorable, up-scale Italian restaurant),
followed by hot tub bubbles,
yummy cookies,
and a crazy White Elephant gift exchange!

Claim?  Live it up!
I started by ordering a simple chicken dish...
but by the time the waiter went around the table I knew I needed to change it,
for there was something I would much rather have to celebrate.
Yes, you guessed it---
STEAK.
A $25 steak.
(I told myself I'd be able to eat the leftovers for a 2nd meal...)
And then we (the ladies) split a rich chocolate dessert.
It was fabulous!

Lesson: if you're going to go all out, do it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails