Dishes. Piles and piles of dishes.This is my weakest link when it comes to organization.
See, the thing is:
it's a never ending task.
Just like laundry (my 2nd weakest link).
I can't just cross them off,
feel great about accomplishing them,
and move on.
See, an hour later I eat a bowl of cereal.
And then I dirty a cup.
And then a bowl for that yummy ice cream...
A pan for this or that,
and then that phone call that sends me racing out the door.
And I'm back at square one.
...And we have to wear clothes every day,
so that's self explanatory!!
I've been trying to tame the growing pile of dishes.
Honestly? It's a tough habit for me to break.
Today I came home and there were some dishes starting to pile up.
Claim it! And keep claiming it!
...My sink was glistening.
What a great feeling!
20 times to break a habit, right?
How about you?
What's a habit you want to break?
20 times--we can do it!
Lesson: patience and persistance
Until I have a dish washer, I will never break the habit of piles of dirty dishes!!!
ReplyDeleteI think, too, that everyone has their 'Waterloo' when it comes to chores. For example, I'm with you on the dishes thing (and no dishwasher) but Mom will happily and steadily do them. (Which is good as she dirties a lot more than I do.) However, cleaning the house is not her forte, whereas I get annoyed if it's not done once a week and usually take care of it. (Unless super busy with school...in which case I'm just annoyed.) - Melissa
ReplyDelete