"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 118 A Purposeful Pause

Do you ever subconsciously keep going,
just to avoid yourself?
Avoid hurt, or pain,
or an inner decision that you know needs to be made?
Maybe a letting go,
maybe forgiveness toward someone...?
We all have our stories.

I've been so busy.
Sometimes just because that's life.
Sometimes because I get tricked--
into thinking that inner struggles will just go away.
But I know what I need to do.
I know who I need to come to.
Because I need to bring those areas to Him.
Tonight I came home from work,
laid down on my bed,
and just talked to God.
Cried, talked,
and waited for Him.

It was so freeing to be vulnerable to Him.
To be honest with where my heart is at--
honest with Him, honest with myself.
T.V., a good book,
and even talking with a close friend doesn't make things go away.
Only Jesus can bring the inner peace we need.
He is ALL.

Lesson: don't take so long to come to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails