"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 135 Frustration

Family time.  I love my family,
but we all know that too much time with them can push your buttons.
This morning was one of those times.
My sister and I got in a short argument soon after she "invaded" my room while I was still in bed
(I was sleeping on the living room couch as it was my "bed"
for the night while we were all at my brother's for New Year's Eve...)

The exchange set me in a bad mood and I my day hadn't even started yet!
Claim?  NOT let this ruin my New Year's.
I made myself lay there and pray for her and repent of my mood.
I prayed silently for a while, which helped some, but not entirely.
I knew if I kept praying it'd go a way but I just didn't have the strength.
I didn't want my day to start this way.
So then I tried taking a shower--
the hot water, time to reflect,
and "escape" from everyone helped push me the rest of the way into a good mood.

Lesson: choosing a good mood takes effort, but it is worth the result!

3 comments:

  1. Here's a claim for ya: Come visit me the next time you're in my town! - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! It'd be great to see you and do that coffee shop "date" we've talked about. Sorry I didn't think about it in enough time to plan it over New Year's when I was there--I came back for plans Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Sokay. I had stuff going on anyway (another out of town friend in town). Just a reminder that there are many who love you here! - Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails