Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Day 142 Unwanted Company
Friday night,
home from the movies with friends.
Sadness started to draw near.
Loneliness...
I wanted to have that one person to call, to just be with.
With the quick company of unwanted loneliness,
I deciphered a plan.
A plan to stop it dead in its tracks.
Did it work? Immensely.
Plan of attack:
Read through journal entries from the past year,
remind myself of why I am presently doing this singleness thing,
and get my mind back on trusting that God has a plan for me.
Not only did I read, I ended up journaling for some time;
I typed away (I now journal in the style of the digital age),
and wow, did I feel better!
Lesson: it's powerful reading back on your own words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It keep your mind on your goal when you do that.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love Julie & Julia!!
Thanks for visiting my blog =)
"There is no sorrow that an hour of reading cannot assuage." I use this quote ALL the time...although sometimes it makes me into an ostrich...but most of the time it helps me take a time out and put things in perspective.
ReplyDelete(Or you could try what we 'talked' about earlier - read the Little House books...then you'll realize how lonely Ma must have been!) - Melissa : )
I know what you mean! Sometimes, just going through what you've written reaffirms the path you've taken :)
ReplyDeletefound you on blogcatalog, cute blog. :) i've kept journals my whole life and definitely agree. reading back your words is powerful stuff.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the thoughts ladies! I think we'd all agree that our culture has lost the art of journaling in the busy world of today. I'm finding that continuing hobbies I used to enjoy as a child is a constant choice. Why is it so challenging to find time for the things we love?? Lord, help us to keep a healthy perspective on life! And help us to find time!
ReplyDelete