"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 154 & 155 Baby Blessing

Day 154
It started out like any other day,
and was interrupted with the most wonderful surprise...  a baby!
I got the text at lunch, rushed around at work to get things ready, and was off to the hospital.  Detour--had to grab the gift and an overnight bag at my apartment. I wasn't even on the road for more than 20 minutes when the phone rang--the baby was here!!  I couldn't believe it!!  I missed it, as did my sister and her husband. Who knew it would only take 5 hours to have one's first baby?  And only 12 minutes once her water broke?
He is a beautiful little ball of cuteness.  Noah Jeffrey Hughes.  First grandchild on either side--he will be a spoiled little one!  Claim? Call in to work and take the next day off to spend it at the hospital with my family; guilt-free and no stress.  THIS is what life is about!

Lesson: treasure those special moments

Day 155
Claim?  LIVE in this moment!  It was wonderful--such a great feeling to know I was prioritizing what was really important.  Holding little Noah was the best feeling!  How could it be so fun to just sit and hold a tiny sleeping baby??  When other relatives started flocking the hospital room and I still hadn't gotten a chance to hold him for more than a few minutes, I made sure to keep my seat in the rocking chair and get a turn before having to leave.  4pm--headed out to miss rush hour traffic, happy that I put people (and this important event) first on my list.

Lesson: people are always most important

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Aunty!!
    I've been one since I was 5 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE the name! Any family connections or did they just like it, too? There is nothing like holding a baby...I remember first holding Corrie's Isaac and that warm little rush of love (no, not pee...love). I also know that this claim took some extra preparation so you could call off and know a sub could handle it! - M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris--since you were FIVE?? You've got 23 years on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe they got the name idea from Melody and Jason, as they have really like Noah for a long time. And the middle name, Jeffrey, comes from Alyssa's dad's first name. Hence, adorable little Noah Jeffrey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails