"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 156 Silence Please!

End of the work week! Whew!
After rushing around, isn't silence and stillness wonderfully welcoming?
I had an eyebrow wax scheduled at Mario Tricocci right after work.
As I sat in the spa room waiting for my stylist, I soaked in the silence that filled the candle-lit room. I felt my stress float away...

The stylist greeted me and chatted away as we made our way to a little room. I laid down, relaxation flooding over me. But then the stylist started chatting, making friendly conversation. Talk, or claim this moment of peace? The quiet was a wonderful 15-minute escape to paradise.

Lesson: if you need stillness, take it

1 comment:

  1. Sometime you need to visit me and try my pedi place. Then we'll go out for really yummy Thai food. - M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails