"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 145 Unclaimed Chocolate Cake

Tonight I opted for a healthy, home-cooked meal and spare change in my pocket.  Living alone, and often being too busy or tired to cook, I rarely pull out the pots and pans to make a tasty dish.  If you live alone, you understand...  It takes 30 minutes to cook, 10 minutes to sit and eat (all alone), and another 30 minutes to clean everything up!  How is that worth it?  When I have the energy, I will try to cook, as we all know it is much healthier than those yummy McDonald's fries or the bulky barbacoa burrito from Chipotle...


So tonight I chose healthy, and I chose to save money by selecting ingredients from my sparce food collection.  I have been eating out way too much, especially since I haven't stocked up on groceries since I came back from visiting my parents over the holidays, and need to get control of my budget!  Well, my claim to eat healthy tonight didn't last long--a friend stopped by with a surprise: a huge, moist, deeply cherished and wonderfully frosted piece of chocolate cake from Portillo's (my first ever).

Heavenly. 
I don't regret it!

(The piece honestly looked exactly like this picture!)

Lesson: Portillo's has the best chocolate cake ever!!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails