"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 144 Sunny Sleep-in


I woke up this morning to sun streaming through the window... 8:00am. I could go back to sleep for another hour and a half!! ...I stretched, yawned, looked at the clock--11:35am! What?! ....Yes, I read it right. I slept through my alarm and totally missed church!

I couldn't believe it.  I had been looking forward to going, and to trying to introduce myself to the worship leader (as we've been playing phone tag since before Christmas).

I decided that all was not lost, and to not let my disappointment linger (I was definitely bummed that I missed a good opportunity).  So I mustered up the discipline to press into Him instead of into my sadness by praying and reading my Bible.

Funny how true this statement is: "Starting is half the battle." Why is it so hard to get on my knees sometimes? Why does it take a lot of discipline at times to get into my Bible and seek the Lord--talk to Him, learn about Him, let Him take my worries, hurt, burdens, and fear??

He always meets me.  He always fills me.
He always lifts me.  He always pours down His love...

Jesus, help me come to You more!
Lesson: turning your mood around requires turning to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails