How about you?
What's your breaking point?
What's your breaking point?
When do you whole-heartedly surrender?
When do you finally let go of the tight grip on your situation?
Giving up what I think I need/want,
and trusting God to work out my life in His steps, His timeline?There is a freedom that comes with this type of surrender.
Tonight I reached that breaking point.
No one could fully understand what happend in me, but I felt it.
Some "drama" had happend earlier that night. Dead-end, closed door.
I went to play volleyball with a friend but came home early--
I needed to COME to Him.
Walked in my door, got on my knees, and put on a CD of "The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir."I needed to COME to Him.
God's presence filled my living room, and tears began to flow.
He lifted my burden. He changed my perspective.
As I talked to Him, He gave me peace.
As I talked to Him, He gave me peace.
So what was my claim exactly? To go to Him instead of a person.
To just go to Him and let Him work IN me.
No human can do that. But Jesus can. The next day,
To just go to Him and let Him work IN me.
No human can do that. But Jesus can. The next day,
He covered my heart from pain/sadness and my mind from fear.
I felt Him with me and knew He would order my life and direct my path. He is now in control!Lesson: surrender, and He will do the rest

I needed to hear that. Life has seemed so confusing lately. I need to remember that I can always come to him for peace.
ReplyDeleteI often need to be reminded of it myself! Why is it so easy to turn to other things instead of the Lord?? I feel sometimes that I learn slower than a slug!
ReplyDelete