"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 157 A Simple Solution

Day 157
A relaxing, unplanned Saturday.
How much better does it get?
...until the freedom is accompanied by loneliness...
and gray skies and flurries.

I finally had to make a choice.
What could I do to change my perspective??
I knew what would do the trick!
Soon I was munching on chocolate chips, licking the beaters, and plopping cookie dough on cookie sheets. Taking time to do a favorite hobby from my childhood fixed everything, and when a lonely girl friend wanted to hang out, we ended up enjoying the yummy snack (with milk, of course) together.

Lesson:  remember childhood hobbies

2 comments:

  1. hey girl!

    just wanted to encourage you by saying that i am always encouraged when i read your blog. it is really inspiring for me.

    love you
    sarah kuhle

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, having a plan, any plan, helps at those moments. When you're just frittering time away passively, one can easily start feeling sad. Good for you for being active!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails