"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 113 & 114 Remember?

Day 112
Do you ever live your walk with the Lord more by memories than actions today?
I consider myself someone who puts God as #1 in my life.
But then when I stop and consider what I do with my time...
I wonder if that's what others would say?
What does God see?

I think back to junior high and high school--tough times.
Anorexia and depression.
I should have died.
Jesus saved me.
I remember how it drew me so close to Him.
Complete reliance on Him.
I prayed so much.
The Bible healed my mind.
He healed my body and brought me closer to Him.

Then I think about college.
I was so on fire for God!
I read my Bible and prayed so much,
was always reaching out to someone,
and saw major answers to prayer...
People coming to Christ,
youth miraculously healed...
Him freeing me from my own chains.

But what about today?
In the adult world, a busy career, bills to pay...
When was the last time I actually got down on my knees?
I do so in my heart, but I haven't literally in almost a year.
...Has it been so long?
I pray when I'm driving,
teaching, cleaning, laying in bed...
But what about giving Him 100% of my attention?
100% of my adoration and praise?

Tonight I got off the phone with a dear friend in need,
and their tears and pain stayed with me.
I decided to get on my knees for them.
I found that He met me there.
So strong.
His presence, His love.
His comfort.
And He showed me more of Himself.
What a wonderful Savior!

Lesson: live your walk TODAY


Day 113
A simple claim.
To call the dear friend I prayed for and follow up.
I want to make this a habit--really caring for people,
Remembering their situation.
Remembering their life,
instead of being so caught up in my own.
Unfortunately, I had to leave a message.
Hopefully their call comes soon!

Lesson: remember to remember them

2 comments:

  1. I've been praying for you this week that you would experience God's presence in a real and strong way! I love how the Lord works to bring us to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers! I need to keep coming to Him, which is not always easy to do when life gets busy. Sad, isn't it? He should be #1 in our lives, but it's easy to put everything else first. I really want a heart that just wants HIM. How have your prayer/Bible times been? Any encouraging realizations?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails