Did NOT want to be home alone.
Why is it so hard to be alone after being with people all break?
Sometimes I don't mind it, but all of you singles can probably relate:
being alone on a weekend night can bring loneliness and discouragement.
one of my guy friends called me up. He invited me and one of my friends to join
him and his friend at Buffalo Wild Wings. If you're a guy, you probably know why: UFC. Ladies, this stands for "Ultimate Fighting Champion." ;)Of course I could care less about watching men punching each other and rolling around on the ground, but it was really fun to go do something different. The place was packed, the energy level was high, and the food was great! My girl friend and I talked about life, the Lord, and her new love interest and had a lot of laughs and encouragement. The waiter gave us our drinks free, and we had a heart-to-heart with one of our guy friends who is trying to overcome a drug addiction.
I returned home feeling blessed for friendships and reminded of God's faithfulness to me.
Lesson: it's not "crashing" a guys night if you're invited!


Was so much fun, fun, fun! BTW - I actually have a few posts up in my blog now.
ReplyDeleteI know! I feel like we haven't done anything in a group like that in a long time. :) And, yay about your blog--I will check it out!
ReplyDeleteSometime we need new experience to cheer up our day and energyze our spirit. Come into new situation, sometime, bring happiness...
ReplyDeleteThe spirit of togetherness....
Definitely. "Variety" is the spice of life. Or is it something else?? That doesn't quite sound right!
ReplyDelete